Be a Part of Conserving Our Future!
Open to graduate students studying environmental science or a related field.
Students are to write a 2,000-2500 word essay on the topic outlined below:
1. The value of private land such as farms and forests in wildlife conservation.
Submission Packet Includes 4 items:
- Essay – Minimum of 2,000 to maximum of 2,500 words submitted in double spaced, no smaller than 1 in. margins
- Current Student Transcripts – Includes Current class registrations
- Letter of Recommendation from professor
Fellowship Awards for first, second and third. (Ties will be decided by TBG.)
- Graduate Students 6 or more semesters of university experience
Application packages will be measured by a 30 point score system.
- Essay: How well it speaks to topic; real world examples used in the essay; utilization of references, resources, quotes, etc.; grammar. Essays reviewed by panel of judges consisting of natural resource professionals. The essay is worth a possible of 20 Points.
- Professionalism: The letter of recommendation and resume are worth 10 points.
* Scores will not be made known to participants at any time.
TBG has the right to use essay content for our own purposes. Essays and author's names may be published on our website. The author has the option not to publish their name.
DEADLINE: April 1, 2020